You know the saying... “You are what you eat” and What you eat can significantly affect your skin health too. Here are some foods and snack ideas that may help improve your skin (and they’re pretty yummy too!)
- Smashed Avocado on Rice Cakes – Avocados are high in healthy fats. These fats benefit many functions in your body, including the health of your skin. Getting enough of these fats is essential to help keep skin flexible and moisturized. Avocados are also a good source of vitamin E, which is an important antioxidant that helps protect your skin from oxidative damage.
- Oatmeal (No Sugar Added) with Walnuts – Walnuts have many characteristics that make them an excellent food for healthy skin. They’re a good source of essential fatty acids, which are fats that your body cannot make itself. Stick with Sugarless too as sugar could be the reason why some acne scars get dark or you have pimples. Add cinnamon for an extra tasty metabolism boost!
- Dark Chocolate – Need we say more… The effects of cocoa on your skin are pretty phenomenal. One study found that eating 20 grams of high-antioxidant dark chocolate per day could allow your skin to withstand over twice as much UV radiation before burning, compared with eating low-antioxidant chocolate. Make sure you choose a chocolate with over 70% cocoa to help maximize the antioxidant benefits.
- Red Grapes – Resveratrol, the famous antioxidant found in red grapes, may slow your skin’s aging process by impairing harmful free radicals that damage your skin. Sounds like the perfect complement to dark chocolate if you ask me…
- Crispy Chickpeas (Baked or Air Fried) – Like nuts and seeds, beans are high in protein and contain amino acids necessary for collagen production. Beans also contain a high concentration of protein. Pop these on a salad as a crouton replacement for that extra crunch.
- Greek Yogurt with Pomegranate Seeds – Greek yogurt (aka the wrinkle fighter) is great for banishing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and tt's rich in B vitamins, which help to detox skin. For some sweetness and crunch, add some free radical fighting and antioxidant rich pomegranate seeds.
- A Handful of Almonds – Not only is this staple simple, no prep or clean up, easy for an on-the-go option, but almonds contain vitamin E, an antioxidant that helps prevent the signs of aging. Keep some in your bag or car when you feel those hunger pangs stink. Your stomach, and skin, will thank you!
See all TAO Clean products here
Use code: BLOG50 for $$ off